ksudoku's move to kdereview

Stephen Leaf smileaf at smileaf.org
Mon May 7 04:28:32 BST 2007

On Sunday 06 May 2007 21:50:31 Andreas Hartmetz wrote:
> On Monday 07 May 2007 04:18:50 Robert Knight wrote:
> > 5.  The 3D Sudoku mode is quite interesting - although I didn't know
> > from the game setup screen that is what it was. Perhaps include the
> > phrase "3D Sudoku" somewhere?
>
> While the concept ist interesting (and well-known on the internet as it
> seems), I found it difficult to impossible to see all the relevant fields
> at once while playing. Now this is not an easy problem to solve and I
> really can't blame you for it. You probably have noticed it yourself
> already :/ It might be a good idea to just remove this mode for the time
> being if you don't manage (or don't care) to make it easy to use. A feature
> that few people use (unscientific guess) and that's very hard to use might
> be better left out to make the overall impression of a game that's easy to
> use.
>
> Another idea is to add it as an easter egg (not too difficult to find) so
> that users don't stumble upon it right away. Easter eggs are not expected
> to be perfect.
> I, for one, like finding silly little secrets :)
>
> But hey, do as you like.
>
> On the other topics I agree with Robert.
I for one love this mode give it a slight angle and you can see every box
except the very back corner. If your hovering over the front portion you can
clearly see all the required boxes
http://images.smileaf.org/img:944fbc0cb405eaa0ee0495b676200cd9

Even then not being able to see everything makes it more challenging which I
find to be very nice. Guess I'm not one that wants a puzzle game to be easy.

Only thing I found confusing was you can get to this mode 2 ways. One way it
preselects the 3D option, the other one doesn't. Perhaps this should be
merged?
--
Stephen Leaf