kprocess, kpty & kdesu

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 1 16:28:38 BST 2007

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> the effect of running a console app (try cmd) will be most probably that
> it pops up an own windows console (or runs on the one rxvt was started
> from).

Actually, cmd.exe in rxvt seems to work 99% ok. ('cls' doesn't work;
excuse me if I'm not heartbroken by that. 'clear', i.e. /bin/clear,
does.) The main example I can think of being broken is the 'net' command
which is unable to process input if run from a Cygwin pty, and there is
also there is a known bug with Microsoft's pdb generator. CUI
applications that don't need input (and seriously, what applications
would those be?) should be fine.

--
Matthew
"Will somebody get this walking carpet out of my way?!"