KNewStuff2 merge

Mike Dean miketdean at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 04:48:17 BST 2007

Sweet, sounds great except for the delay.  A half second for you could be
many agonizing seconds for someone on a slow dial-up connection.
Prioritized parallel prefetching would, I imagine, be a more user friendly.
Prioritized, obviously, based upon what'll be shown first :)

Actually, instead of blocking, maybe a little loading graphic, ala flash,
would be more user friendly.  After all, we're all used to seeing that for
flash (and other similar web apps) already.  Maybe just load an animated gif
to display while it blocks even?
Or if you'd like some sort of animation to run in its own separate thread
until dismissed, I could always write one for you (I don't mind throwing
together little tiny things like that ;)