Access keys

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 21:54:16 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
> >But not all keyboards have it.
> >My right Alt (en_US thinkpad) is really a normal Alt and not an AltGr.
> >It opens the menu, etc.
>
> I know. I have to modify the XKB layout file every time I upgrade X so
> that en_US also has the ISO-9993-1 secondary layout. (I also have to
> modify the Compose file so that I get the "ç" I badly need)
<offtopic> ç? No modification needed, I just do Compose , + c with the default en_US layout.</offtopic>

> It's a function of your chosen keyboard layout, not of your keyboard.

Of course. But we're talking about the default shortcuts in kde, and I'm just
saying that most KDE users are not going to do the above steps,
so you can't rely on AltGr being present for standard shortcuts.