KDE4 default shortcut theme

Ellen Reitmayr ellen at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 17:39:11 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 17:30, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2007 17:03, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> > Plus Alt-X provides docker, but no toolbar access.
>
> Toolbars and their buttons per definition do not get focus. So what you ask
> is not possible anyway.

well, one of the reasons to start this thread was to make it possible.

> As another poster in this thread mentioned; all items in toolbars are
> already available in the menu (including hiding/moving them)

they are available in the menu, but much harder to reach.

> and as a
> general rule buttons that are on the toolbar have their own shortcuts.

i've actually never heard of that rule before this thread and i don't think
that's feasible. what about extra toolbars like table handling in kword?

also, shortcuts need to be remembered. you can't expect people to remember all
toolbar action shortcuts in all applications just to be able to navigate
quickly.

> So I don't think we should want to navigate a toolbar.

I think we want to.

--
Ellen Reitmayr
KDE Usability Project