Access keys

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 13:08:50 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 13:43, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > assigned to the first links, so important links at the end of a page are
> > often dismissed. Important links may be Next/Previous, page numbers,
> > Continue, Home, ... They should be preferred and get meaningful access
> > keys (e.g. N for Next, 1 for page 1, etc).
>
>  This is already (at least somewhat) implemented, search KHTML for
> fallbackAccessKeysAssignments.

I heard another solution to this problem that I think has more use.
Adding the shortcuts to the widgets/links would happen from the top-left
visible coordinate instead of from the top of the page.
This means that if I scroll down a page and activate the items, the visible
widgets will get a shortcut first and the bottom of the page next.  The
(invisible) top will get their shortcuts assigned last.
This fixes the problem with weird keys being used or even widgets not getting
a key.

Now the hard part here is to find someone willing to implement that ;)
--
Thomas Zander