Improved character selector

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Mar 26 18:14:50 BST 2007

Torsten Rahn wrote:
>So having a "search" line edit at the top doesn't really make sense
> unless you plan to look-up details via a keystroke which will likely be
> the minority of users. I also think that the details tab on the right
> covers way too many details presented by default.

Suppose you want to add an "EN DASH". Do you have any idea what its
Unicode code point is? Another example is the Tick (Ok) Mark. I *always*
spend at least 5 minutes till I can find it, by scanning all pages. You
may remember that the En Dash is a punctuation, but what is the Tick
mark? Punctuation, or miscellaneous, or something else?

Even the code blocks aren't sometimes useful: which letters are in Latin
Basic, Latin Extended A, Latin Extended B, etc.?

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358