Missing copyright informations / gpl'd code in kdelibs

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Mar 26 12:56:24 BST 2007

On Friday 23 March 2007, Michaël Larouche wrote:
> Le March 23, 2007 07:47, David Faure a écrit :
> > On Friday 23 March 2007, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> > > - kdeui
> >
> > I think this is an oversight from the class authors:
> > util/kaccelgen.h: GPL (v2+)    Keunwoo Lee, ok for relicensing to LGPL?
> > klanguagebutton.{cpp,h}: GPL (v2+)   Hans Petter?
> >
> > Hmm this one is a bit more complex:
> > actions/kcodecaction.{cpp,h}: GPL (v2+)
> > Michael Larouche, you copied that class from Kopete, can you check
> > with the contributors to the class about the relicensing?
>
> that's not me but Michel Hermier ;)

Ah, svn log tricked me, it went into the history of the file before the copy, sorry about that.

Michel, please contact the contributors to kcodecaction about the relicensing.
(I'm ccing the emails from the file, but there might be more contributors)

The copyright in the file says
    Copyright (c) 2003      by Jason Keirstead        <jason at keirstead.org>
    Copyright (c) 2003-2006 by Michel Hermier         <michel.hermier at gmail.com>
    Kopete    (c) 2003-2006 by the Kopete developers  <kopete-devel at kde.org>
where the latter is discouraged for a good reason - who can have final say over relicensing
with such a muddy copyright assignment? :(