Missing copyright informations / gpl'd code in kdelibs

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Fri Mar 23 11:22:28 GMT 2007

[ Matthias Kretz, Fr., 23. Mär. 2007 ]
> I have not decided what license the examples need. I want example code to
> be freely copyable to any project, so public domain sounds like the right
> license. Any better suggestions?

The law of many countries (including Germany) has no concept of releasing
works into the public domain, so it is safer to use a very liberal license.
The license should also contain a warranty disclaimer for your protection.

Our licensing policy for the KDE source repository mentions three licenses
that fit: BSD, X11 and MIT

http://developer.kde.org/policies/licensepolicy.html

Olaf