Strigi Analyzers

Tobias G. Pfeiffer tgpfeiffer at web.de
Wed Mar 21 23:46:13 GMT 2007

Hi!

On Wednesday 21 March 2007, 23:29, George Goldberg wrote:
> Any suggestions as to what else should be indexed are more than welcome.

Well, think of anything where you would like a search for this word resulting
in this file to be displayed. Using that approach, we probably come across
many things that are not interesting for the "Meta-Info" page of
a "Properties" dialog of a file, but rather for linking files that belong
together semantically.
For example, from a C++ header file, you would probably be interested in the
name of the functions that are defined in there, together with their
attributes, return type etc. Same with Java files. In .asc files, one might
index the names or email addresses of people whose public key is stored in
there. Weird idea. :-) But I think, many of the existing KFile plugins
already provide the functionality to get all possible within-file meta data
out of it.

Bye
Tobias

--
Sent from a 100% Microsoft free computer.