CLucene version for strigi should be =0.9.16 ?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Mar 21 20:57:05 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 20 March 2007 22:12, Richard Moore wrote:
> > Even worse, this implies they don't guarantee source compatibility. :-(
>
> A quick glance at the sources shows they use protected data members,
> and have no d pointers. Not a good sign for b/c.

The api is _heavily_ inspired on Java, where such solutions are not required
for b/c. So I'm sure some education will help.

Is clucene a hard (inderect) dependency for kdelibs? If it is; I think we
should look at possibilities to remove that dependency and make it optional
and disabled by default.

Jos? A comment?
--
Thomas Zander