Could kdecore depend on kjs?

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Wed Mar 21 15:46:29 GMT 2007

> [: Harri Porten :]
> As you have to implement the dynamic loading anyway and the built-in
> version has no practical advantage over the loaded one I suggest you
> start with that one first and see how much it gets used.

True. In fact, using same the benchmark as previously, with the small
scripting library linked only to kjs and dynamically loaded, I no longer
get *any* startup overhead (up to measurement noise). I didn't think few
ms were too much, but 0 is a real nice number to see :)

> As I said earlier I am willing to help. Contact me in private mail once
> you want to start.

Thanks. I've been following the example from khtml, and didn't encounter
any snags so far. I'll be sure to contact you when uncertainties arise.

> Is the i18n side of the interface already designed?

I don't know what do you exactly mean by this. No new public interface is
needed (KDE programmers just do i18n as usual), and the internal interface
(between KLocale/KLocalizedString and the scripting module) should be only
two functions or so.

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)