Could kdecore depend on kjs?

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Sun Mar 18 17:27:38 GMT 2007

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007, Chusslove Illich wrote:

>> But having another module in kdelibs gives me the creeps, with the
>> policies and naming and stuff. Could I just put it into
>> kdecore/localization, and use a config variable to either build it
>> as a dynamically loaded small lib, or as part of kdecore if it gets
>> substantial use?
>
> Any comments if I could proceed this way?

As you have to implement the dynamic loading anyway and the built-in
version has no practical advantage over the loaded one I suggest you start
with that one first and see how much it gets used.

As I said earlier I am willing to help. Contact me in private mail once
you want to start.

Is the i18n side of the interface already designed?

Harri.