[RFC] KDE 4.0 Release Roadmap

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 20 23:13:33 GMT 2007

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Currently I don't see a need to require a newer version than 2.4.5 on Linux
> and FreeBSD.
>
> But I'm not sure for all other platforms:
>
> Mac: seems to work currently as it is now.
>
> Windows (MSVC, mingw): don't know, seems to work currently, at least on the
> cmake side
>
> OpenBSD: there seems to be a serious problem as Marc Espie reported (shared
> library naming). So on OpenBSD a newer version might be required.
>
> Solaris, NetBSD: no idea whether anybody has ever tried to build KDE4 on these
> platforms.
>
> HP/UX, AIX: do we care ?

FWIW, CMake 2.4.6 is failing its test suite on IA64/HPUX (and there is a
weird bug with make+CTest on x86/Solaris). So if we want to support
IA64/HPUX (not saying that we do/should, though) I'm not sure 2.4.5 is
going to be OK there.

You forgot OSF and IRIX. ;-)

--
Matthew
"What a wonderful smell you've discovered!" -- Princess Leia Organa