Strigi refactor.

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Mar 14 20:34:07 GMT 2007

As you know, since monday some parts of kdelibs started depending on strigi.
The direct effect is that various parts in our svn needed to be ported from a
kdelibs API to a part kdelibs and part strigi API.
In order to start doing that Jos wrote a blog;
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2721

On IRC we talked about the current Strigi API and how it should have gotten a
API inspection before we depended on it, but things being as they are we
can't turn those back.
So we decided this is the last chance we are going to get to semi-cleanly fix
the naming of strigi classes and API.
I'm thinking of things like the Indexable class; which is badly named and we
decided to rename it to AnalysisResult as its mostly a data class.
As well as several other things like getFoo() -> foo(). Pretty invasive stuff
really.

So, the choice I bring before you is;
a) do the rename on a monday and follow with all the patches to the modules.
b) note that there is not much using it right now and put in the changes. With
the direct benefit that the naming at least will be easier to understand.

It should be said that currently most module do not compile
http://ktown.kde.org/~dirk/dashboard/
because they are not ported yet.  Which is what I meant with not much use of
said API.

What say you?
--
Thomas Zander