Nepomuk-KDE core components in KDEReview

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Mar 20 20:02:52 GMT 2007

Sebastian TrĂ¼g schrieb:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just moved the Nepomuk-KDE core components to the KDEReview svn. Please have
> a look if you have the time since I'd like to get that stuff into the kdelibs
> before the end of the month. ;)

Ok, I tried to compile it on win32.

- need qrdf which needs redland -> redland supports win32 binaries but
not for mingw as it seems. Is librdf (afaics only librdf is needed) a
pure C lib? This would reduce porting efforts

- check for redland relies on the assumtion that there is a
redland-config which is not available on win32. Also REDLAND_INCLUDE_DIR
is not set anywhere

- qrdf needs KDE4 -> chicken - egg problem?

- cmake macro KMETADATA_GENERATE_FROM_ONTOLOGY does not work on win32 ->
no resource.cpp for some nepomuk targets - maybe because of rcgen
problems (see below)

- FindSoprano.cmake does not honor CMakeCache.txt and therefore tells me
that it could not find soparano include dir (but it's in the cache with
correct values)

- kneprecore_export.h is wrong, fixed it

- kneprecore shares some sources with knepomuk instead linking to
knepomup -> not very good, needs a hack to fix exports on win32

- creation of rcgen is really really weird - why is this needed at all?
cmake should be able to resolve the dependencies here, so you can just
use add_executable()

Do we really need this lib on win32 or can it be optional?

Christian