New class KListWidgetSearchLine

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Mar 19 18:37:48 GMT 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Diumenge 11 Març 2007, Albert Astals Cid va escriure:
> > Well, it's not a new class, it's just porting K3ListViewSearchLine to
> > KListWidget so i can use it on KIconDialog that i ported from QIconView to
> > KListWidget.
> >
> > I'm attaching the two files. I want to commit tomorrow as it's just a port
> > from the old class and seems to be working quite good.
> >
> > Albert
>
> As it seems there is disagreement from some kdelibs developers if having this
> class is worth or not i'll put the local changes i have at
> http://www.tsdgeos.com/patches/KPropertiesKIconDialogImprovements.patch
>
> Feel free to ignore them, continue working on them or commiting them.

I'm sad that this discussion drove you away from kdelibs development.
Don't let a slightly negative post get to your motivation :)
This contribution is very well welcome, and will allow to remove some more qt3support
dependencies from kdeui and kio.

I will test and commit the patch now.

David, who notes that the "two apps" rule doesn't even exist for widgets which
are already very much needed inside kdelibs. KIconDialog itself is a first
user of this class, and the other code mentionned previously will need it to
be able to port away from Q3IconView so it's not internal to kdelibs either.