[RFC] KDE 4.0 Release Roadmap

jos poortvliet jospoortvliet at kde.nl
Fri Mar 16 09:56:59 GMT 2007

Op Friday 16 March 2007, schreef Sebastian Kügler:
> On Friday 16 March 2007 10:06:50 jos poortvliet wrote:
> > >
> > > That sets the date for such a meeting to two weeks from now.
> > >
> > > It took us three months to organise the KDE Four Core meeting last
> > > year. Granted, it was a large meeting. But two weeks seems far too
> > > short a time. I'm not sure we can pull it off.
>
> I doubt that two weeks would work, given that people might have plans for
> this short term already.
>
> > Well, it also depends on the scope of such a meeting, and the location.
> > If it's like some Koffice/Krita meetings at somebody's home, it won't be
> > that hard, but if you want a full conference, yeah, that might very well
> > be too much ;-)
> >
> > I would suggest to start asap: where would it have to be, and what date
> > exactly? then you can see who can come, and for how long. 2 days,
> > germany? Look for a place with a hotel for 2 days for enough ppl, or if
> > we're talking about less than 5, maybe just staying at ppl's home. Doing
> > the meeting at somebody's home (if he/she has wifi), but sleeping in a
> > hotel would probably work as well, if there are a bit more ppl.
> >
> > If you have too many attending and can't find a good place to hack, try
> > to get a hotel with WiFi, and just use the lobby...
>
> I think that is the quickest way to get kicked out there, and a hotel lobby
> is not a perfect place to work in the first place.
>
> The critical thing is that someone needs to take over the organisation. The
> e.V. can surely help financially, but the board currently does not have the
> manpower to organise such a meeting.
>
> So any volunteers?

Well, I'm currently very busy at work, but if there is something I can do, I
can sure help a bit. I DO have a wedding (my brother) on the 30th and a KDE 4
talk the 31th so I have some preparing to do for other stuff.

Maybe an investigation is in place here, first.

How many core KDE developers have the weekend of 30/31/01 time for a meeting?

Or should it not be a weekend? If nobody has time, we can stop this discussion
immediately...

--
Jos Poortvliet
KDE-nl