[RFC] KDE 4.0 Release Roadmap

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Mar 15 21:25:47 GMT 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007 10:06:50 jos poortvliet wrote:
> Op Friday 16 March 2007, schreef Thiago Macieira:
> > Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > >that's a brilliant idea, imho.
> >
> > That sets the date for such a meeting to two weeks from now.
> >
> > It took us three months to organise the KDE Four Core meeting last year.
> > Granted, it was a large meeting. But two weeks seems far too short a
> > time. I'm not sure we can pull it off.

I doubt that two weeks would work, given that people might have plans for this
short term already.

> Well, it also depends on the scope of such a meeting, and the location. If
> it's like some Koffice/Krita meetings at somebody's home, it won't be that
> hard, but if you want a full conference, yeah, that might very well be too
> much ;-)
>
> I would suggest to start asap: where would it have to be, and what date
> exactly? then you can see who can come, and for how long. 2 days, germany?
> Look for a place with a hotel for 2 days for enough ppl, or if we're
> talking about less than 5, maybe just staying at ppl's home. Doing the
> meeting at somebody's home (if he/she has wifi), but sleeping in a hotel
> would probably work as well, if there are a bit more ppl.
>
> If you have too many attending and can't find a good place to hack, try to
> get a hotel with WiFi, and just use the lobby...

I think that is the quickest way to get kicked out there, and a hotel lobby is
not a perfect place to work in the first place.

The critical thing is that someone needs to take over the organisation. The
e.V. can surely help financially, but the board currently does not have the
manpower to organise such a meeting.

So any volunteers?
--
sebas

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rich Cook