[RFC] KDE 4.0 Release Roadmap

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Mar 14 22:56:14 GMT 2007

> You can break the binary compatibility without breaking the API. In
> fact cleaning up BC issues (eg. moving stuff into the d pointer) will
> commonly do exactly that, but is essential in the long term.
right :) but there is no need to limit that to monday, I mean, breaking BC
won't prevent me to build kdelibs + my app. The strong reason behind
the "monday thing" was that for all other days I could just svn up in my
module and it will allways build. Now wether someone breaks BC on tuesday,
thursday (or whatever) in kdelibs, I can still update in my apps whenever I
want and the stuff build without me needing to also update in kdelibs. Or am
I missing something ?

--
Cyrille Berger