Kode into kdelibs?

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Mon Mar 12 15:12:54 GMT 2007

Howdy,

With a kdelibs subsystem and library freeze coming "soon"
I wanted to ask about moving all or parts of kdepim/kode into kdelibs.
I think we discussed this before, but we need to make a decision.

kode contains libkode, which presumably could be moved into kdelibs
and kxml_compiler too.  and there is other stuff which I don't know
anything about.

I was planning to use kode (kxml_compiler) to help me rewrite the
way holiday files are handled in pim, but might be of use to show
holidays in calendar widgets as well.

Discuss.
-Allen

From the README:
"kode is a collection of code generation and XML helper tools. It contains
libkode, a helper library for programmatic generation of C++ code, the program
kode for generation of C++ template files and kxml_compiler for
generation of C++ classes representing XML data described by RelaxNG schemes.

The subdirectory kwsdl contains various tools for accessing web services
specified through WSDL descriptions."

--
KDEPIM Developer
I accept PayPal payments to awinterz at earthlink.net