ANNOUNCE: CMake 2.4.5 will be required starting Monday, March 19th

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Sun Mar 11 23:48:13 GMT 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 00:24, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > So please, at least wait for Qt 4.3 to be forced upon us before upping
> > the
>
> When will this be ?
> It would make sense if both happen at the same time, but then we need to
> know when 4.3 will be required some time before it actually is required.

You say this like its impossible.  Are you saying that the day TT releases a
beta it _will_ be imported into qt-copy and it _will_ be required by kdelibs?
Or is there some time to fix the major bugs and basically wait for the next
Monday?
I'm pretty sure this is the case, it has been in the past, so your "Lets
upgrade now!" in spite of the concensus of joining all upgrades into a one
time event basically falls flat on its face. Maybe you should have talked
about it instead of blindly announcing, even without the "unless objections
bla bla"

Sorry, but I fail to see the rush while just Thursday you were the one stating
we should not upgrade while the required version is not packaged in wildly
used distros.

This disappoints me for the reasons I gave in the thread just a few days ago.
--
Thomas Zander