make khtml/misc/decoder.* public

Nick Shaforostoff shafff at ukr.net
Mon Mar 5 09:27:38 GMT 2007

On Monday 05 March 2007 10:37, kde-core-devel-request at kde.org wrote:
> Claiming that a text file is written in some specified encoding because it
> matches the characters found in the file is not safe, for example i may save
> a file as iso8859-15, but it will be detected as being ASCII, because i used
> only ASCII characters in it. So making such a guess and acting on it may be
> actively false.

1. again: encoding detection will be off by default. so if you do care of such changes, you can simply leave it disabled.
2. this is a special case, so we can make katepart behaving in such situation as if there is no detection at all! :))

--
Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream of things that never were and say, "Why not?"
 --George Bernard Shaw