make khtml/misc/decoder.* public

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Mon Mar 5 18:19:50 GMT 2007

[ Anders Lund, Mo., 5. Mär. 2007 16:45 ]
> What meta data? We are dealing with simple text files.

I meant metadata found in the file itself (e.g. an encoding tag in HTML).
My terminology was probably very wrong - I was using this as an analogy to
e.g. size and comment information extracted from an image.

Anyway, I agree that it is impossible to totally rely on the tag content, but
it would nevertheless be important to ask the user if a tag is present and
does not match either the file content or the chosen (default) encoding.

Olaf