kfilemetainfo progress

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 20:51:35 GMT 2007

2007/3/3, Richard Moore <richmoore44 at gmail.com>:
> A few quick comments:
>
> - Could we make the name of the enum 'What' a bit more descriptive?
Yes we could and should. This is part of the API that i kept the way it was.

> - Could ExtenedAttr be ExtenededAttr or even ExtenededAttributes
>
> - Do we need a range reserved for custom values in that enum? Not sure
> if that is needed though.
The enum is not really an enum but a list boolean of values. I
envision that we will replace the 'what' enum with QStringList with
property names.

> - Having a long constructor like KFileMetaInfo(const QString& path,
> const QString& mimetype = QString(),  What w = Everything); rather
> than a short one and some set methods goes against the general KDE
> libs policy. Is there a particular reason it is written like that?
The mimetype can be left out. I kept it for now, but it is not used.
The What is important as it signals how much work has to be done to
get out data. This 'What' should be mapped to Strigi's
IndexerConfiguration, but right now all information is gotten every
time.

I'm glad your comments are all about the legacy stuff I left in for now. :-)

Cheers,
Jos