kdirwatch vs qfilesystemwatcher

Marc Espie espie at nerim.net
Fri Mar 2 22:30:39 GMT 2007

While updating the qt4 port for OpenBSD, I noticed the new kqueue support
and activated it.

Comparing it for kdirwatch, it is currently grossly inefficient on OpenBSD.

I was wondering, what's the difference between kdirwatch and
qfilesystemwatcher ? In newer qt4, it just looks like qfilesystemwatcher
is doing mostly the same thing in a more efficient way across platforms.

Are there plans to leverage that new code ? or to add kqueue support to
kdirwatch ?

If not, I could possibly look at it, once I've fixed a few critical issues
with kde4 on OpenBSD.