KConfig vs. QSettings (was Re: Porting problems with KMainWindow::readProperties())

Paolo Capriotti p.capriotti at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:01:23 GMT 2007

On 3/1/07, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> given all the additional features that kconfig provides and the large number
> of fixes to your class that would be required to make it includable in
> kdelibs, it would be an even greater duplication of effort (by many times) to
> switch to your Settings. that's not even counting any porting.

You're probably right. I just felt like it had some nice ideas in it I
wanted to share. I'm now conviced that the best solution is to improve
KConfig.
However, I really don't like that story about not damping my
enthusiasm. I'm not afraid to learn from my mistakes, so next time
please don't be worried to hurt my feelings.

Paolo