RFC: KSplash in KDE4

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Thu Mar 1 09:12:02 GMT 2007

On mercoledì 28 febbraio 2007, Gary L. Greene, Jr. wrote:

> Now that I've said that, here are a few constructive things to say on
> another approach. Lubas, you said that much of the slow down is caused by
> KSplashML pulling in kio, et el. Is there maybe a way to refactor this so
> it doesn't, while retaining the abilities it has now? If so, then the
> speed issues are dealt with, and the feature-set remains high.

Well, but how many features do you really want for a splash screen?

The best feature it could have is to disappear quickly! :)

Its real task is to distract the user while the desktop is loaded. If it
adds time to the desktop-loading time, it is already failing its purpose,
in my opinion.

If you want something fancier, you may customize a screensaver...

Luciano

--
                                                            \\ //