Qt4 gui performance

Andreas Hartmetz ahartmetz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 17:48:38 BST 2007

On Friday 29 June 2007 17:56:29 Tobias Koenig wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to ask whether somebody else have the same feeling that
> Qt4 applications are recognizable slower in painting windows and widgets
> than Qt3 applications.

You can enable optimization in debug builds by editing the file
qt-copy/mkspecs/common/g++.conf:
change
QMAKE_CFLAGS_DEBUG     += -g
QMAKE_CFLAGS_DEBUG     += -g -O2

You'll probably lose line-by-line debugability due to optimization, but that
should be OK if you are not interested in major Qt bugfixing.

Cheers,
Andreas
--
- Those guys stare at me funny -- they probably wonder where I get my good
  looks.