KRun regression?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 27 17:38:22 BST 2007

On 27.06.07 17:56:28, Peter Penz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> it seems there happened a regression in combination with the class KRun
> (kdelibs/kio/kio/krun.*) which has been introduced during the last week (I'm
> not sure about the exact date).
>
> When using KRun like done e. g. in KFileItem the call of the constructor is
> blocking until the running application A gets closed again (-> the calling
> application gets blocked). After closing application A the error
> message "KDEInit could not launch '...'" is shown in the context of the
> calling application.
>
> Just wanted to check whether this is a known issue or whether I should
> investigate deeper for the root cause of this issue.

There have been some changes in that class last monday due to the
removal of K3Process on win32. IIRC David and Christian ported KRun and
its internal class to KProcess. Maybe they overlooked something,
although I can't see anything.

So I guess the answer is: try digging deeper to find out how the editor
is started (i.e. what path in KRun is chosen).

Andreas

--
You will pioneer the first Martian colony.