KRun regression?

Peter Penz peter.penz at gmx.at
Wed Jun 27 16:56:28 BST 2007

Hello,

it seems there happened a regression in combination with the class KRun
(kdelibs/kio/kio/krun.*) which has been introduced during the last week (I'm
not sure about the exact date).

When using KRun like done e. g. in KFileItem the call of the constructor is
blocking until the running application A gets closed again (-> the calling
application gets blocked). After closing application A the error
message "KDEInit could not launch '...'" is shown in the context of the
calling application.

Just wanted to check whether this is a known issue or whether I should
investigate deeper for the root cause of this issue.

Thanks!
Peter

PS: to reproduce just start Dolphin and open e. g. a text file (Dolphin
internally invokes KFileItem::run(), which creates an instance of KRun
internally)