RFC: problems with splitting up kdebase

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Wed Jun 27 16:24:06 BST 2007

On Wednesday, 27. June 2007, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> >from kdelibs -> kdebase to
>
> kdelibs -> kdepimlibs -> kdepimslibs-gpl (?) -> kdebase-workspace ->
> kdebase-apps ?

no, workspace does not depend on kdepimlibs. only runtime/kioslave/ldap does.
thats one of the reasons why I want kdebase to be modular (and also
kdepimlibs to be separate). The remaining question is why we don't trash
kioslave/ldap and then be free of a kdepimlibs dependency in kdebase.

> And a hint: using the <projectname>_SOURCE_DIR and <projectname>_BINARY_DIR
> variables projects can also be setup so that they can be compiled
> standalone as well as as subdirectory of a bigger containing project.

I know, thats exactly how it works right now.

Greetings,
Dirk