RFC: Location for KexiDB and 3rdparty libs like sqlite

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Tue Jun 26 13:04:19 BST 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 10:15:18 David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 25 June 2007, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > I don't see the relation to flake.
>
> Well the relation is that we talked about making a module that contains
> libs related to koffice, a bit like kdepimlibs, in order to put flake
> (and possibly kexidb?) for use by other kde code. Please refresh my
> mind, what did we decide about that exactly (in Berlin) - apart from
> "not for 4.0, but for later"?

We decided to make an ODF module (so not specifically a KOffice one) to
push our ODF frameworks upon the unsuspecting masses of KDE apps. ;)

Specifically; the people that have been working on ODF features in KOffice
agreed to honor the repeated requests from various KDE developers to make
it easier for those apps to load and save ODF based documents as well as
show and render text based ODF documents (odt).

The technical stuff I wrote up and you can find here;
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=117900834226961&w=2
--
Thomas Zander