KNewStuff download location

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Jun 25 10:46:00 BST 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 10:59:29AM +0200, Josef Spillner wrote:
> > sure ... you have three hours. ;)
>
> Something like what's in [r]679989?

looks quite good.
i can't test it with kdm themes as i have no idea how to make it work in
the first place, though. smileaf c&p'd something i don't really understand
- maybe you want to have a look at
kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/kdm/kdm-theme.cpp:310. :}
for the wallpapers it is a slightly different matter. we use a lib that
is plugged into kcm_background and kcm_kdm. we could either use two
knsrc files or the high-level api would/does expose the scope option.
how would i do it? the code is at
kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/background/bgdialog.cpp:1240

> It doesn't offer a GUI option yet but this could be added rather
> trivially with a yes/no dialogue, and less trivially with a checkbox
> somewhere.

obviously, the checkbox would be cleaner ...

> In the implementation we could also hijack $KDEROOTHOME but this may
> have side effects.

yeah, quite horrible idea anyway. :}