KConfig nested groups

Keith (n/a) cprgmswr2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 20:18:48 BST 2007

Dear KDE developers,
    I am asking for the KDE team to consider implementing nested groups in kconfig before the release of KDE4. I am in the process of developing a point and click game IDE called kollagame. The game is going to allow users to add and remove various objects to the IDE to be used when developing a level. The state of these objects need to be preserved between use of the program. Currently KConfig allows groups but not nested groups and since my game is going to have N number of tiles, spells, weapons, etc, I am in great need of nested groups from kconfig. If this feature is unavailable, I am either going to have to abuse kconfig and manualy create nested groups or save the settings to a xml file. Remember spells, weapons, tiles all have a set of properties that need to be stored in their respected groups.

    A while back Paolo Capriotti submitted a patch for KConfig to allow for nested groups, I have re-attached this patch.

Kollagame Developer,
Keith Neuse