Some changes in KCmdLineArgs, KAboutData and KComponentData

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jun 24 23:53:43 BST 2007

On 25.06.07 00:35:29, Chusslove Illich wrote:
> These classes are mostly taking naked const char* arguments, and returning
> mix of the same, QByteArrays and QStrings, leading to chaos and pitfalls
> when trying to handle non-Latin1 data. They are the only place in the API
> where use of the I18N_NOOP macros, which are getting more evil by the day,
> is required.
>
> Therefore, I want to switch them as follows:

The usual "warning time" for BIC changes is one week, so you're one week
late. And looking at how much is affected by this I don't think this can
be done. Remember on wednesday the alpha2 is going to be tagged so all
modules that are tagged with it need to compile and be as "usable" as
before the change.

I think if this is wanted the change should be done next monday. This
also gives you (or other people) to prepare more modules beforehand.

Andreas

--
You will be winged by an anti-aircraft battery.