KDirModel and Nepomuk

Evgeny Egorochkin phreedom.stdin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 15:46:21 BST 2007

On Thursday 21 June 2007 13:44:29 Sebastian Trüg wrote:
> On Thursday 21 June 2007 10:37:06 Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Sure is possible. At least for ratings. I still need to understand /
> > think about, how can we add an item into several categories when sorting
> > by tags.
>
> How about using the tags with Dolphin's grouping mechanism and simply
> putting the files that have been tagged with multiple tags into multiple
> categories.

Seems like a bad idea. Imagine 2 files each with 5 tags(especially if not
overlapping :)

Trying to show all tags via grouping is not trivial.

To me it seems better to represent only certain tags/compbinations of tags as
groups, while clearly stating  what and how it is being displayed.
Unfortunately , picking the most appropriate tags/combos involves writing a
clustering algo which may not be very easy to write.

-- Evgeny