'strict' color mode?

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Thu Jun 21 08:01:19 BST 2007

Hi!

There were no responses here (so no objections), but do we need a positive
response to have this in KDE 4.0?

The setting is important for partially sighted users. Light-on-dark colour
schemes do not only work on light background images, so we need a way to
switch off all this nice new Oxygen-style background default images.

The suggestion for a "strict mode" setting is the result of extensive
discussions in the HCI workground between accessibility people, usability
experts and artists, and we really hope that this makes it into KDE 4.0.

Olaf