reminder: KGlobalSettings cleanup

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 20 17:25:54 BST 2007

Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> createApplicationPalette(KConfigGroup,int) - currently broken, probably
> needs to take a KConfig instead. KColorScheme needs to change if this is
> going to work at all. Used only by KDM which may genuinely need
> something like it. (It's BC to re-add something, not BC to remove a
> useless method!)

Right. This *needs* to die, it is broken and (newly) wrong. Instead
there should be createApplicationPalette(KConfig), and of course
KColorScheme needs to (optionally) take a KConfig also, where appropriate.

A week ago I would have said that colorscm should be using this also
(not sure why it isn't!), but now KGS doesn't do anything but hand off
to KColorScheme... :-) (But in the future, it would be nice to use a UI
preview ala the styles cm, possible even the same one, and then we would
want the KGS overload again.)

--
Matthew
"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" -- Monty Python