Extending KSettings::Dialog to allow to specify excludes

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 18 22:39:52 BST 2007

Hi,

for KDevelop's and other KDevPlatform-using Applications Configuration
dialog (using KSettings::Dialog) its needed to be able to supply
KSettings::Dialog with a list of component names that shouldn't be
loaded even if the component has parentApp == current mainComponent in
the application.

For example currentl the KDevelop Config dialog tries to load the
configuration pages for QMake, which should only be visible in the
project configuration dialog. This actually asserts in the qmake kcm
because its missing some arguments.

So I'm proposing to change the constructors to:
explicit Dialog( const QStringList & components, QWidget * parent = 0,
                 const QStringList& arguments = QStringList(),
                 const QStringList& blackListComponents = QStringList() );
explicit Dialog( ContentInListView content = Static, QWidget * parent = 0,
                 const QStringList& arguments = QStringList(),
                 const QStringList& blackListComponents = QStringList() );
Dialog( const QStringList & components, ContentInListView
        content, QWidget * parent = 0,
        const QStringList& arguments = QStringList(),
        const QStringList& blackListComponents = QStringList() );

I can't provide a full patch atm, because Matthias wanted to do some
cleanups in ksettings today or the next days. I will provide one as soon
as thats done.

I'd like to do this on next monday, it will be completely SC. This is
not something that is needed for kde 4.0, but it would hold of
development of KDevelop and Quanta, or we'd have to keep a private copy
until KDE 4.1 is opened.

Andreas

--
The whole world is a tuxedo and you are a pair of brown shoes.
		-- George Gobel