rename KPalette to KColorCollection

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 18 21:51:51 BST 2007

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Since there were no objections, I plan (sometime today) to rename
>> KPalette (which bears no relation to QPalette) to KColorCollection.
>
> Sorry for being late, but I did not follow the discussion (mea culpa,
> sorry). Then again, this is the first concrete email out of a long thread
> that talks about this.

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/43086 <-- ??
Seven posts in the thread, including three votes of support (one
emphatic) and zero against, one additional change suggestion (below),
and a note to update KDE4PORTING.html.

> I'm not objecting, but can you explain why this is more than just a
> cosmetic change? (Which I hope it is)

There was at one point talk of "an actual KPalette", but I guess the
rationale at this point is 'not naming a KDE class after a totally
unrelated Qt class'. Given that the current name for what the class is
just seems... poor, that's enough for me, but I won't be heartbroken if
you want to veto it.

Oh, and I was planning to implement Robert Knight's suggestion
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/43090), although
that doesn't really have anything to do with the name.

--
Matthew
"Still the prettiest." -- Legolas