replacing kcontrol with system settings

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Sun Jun 17 17:16:48 BST 2007

[ Benjamin Meyer, So., 17. Jun. 2007 ]
> Please go and read my e-mails again.  I didn't suggested removing it
> completely, but that it should be turned it into its own
> application.

OK, thanks for the clarification. And as I said: I am OK with this approach,
if the usability team is fine with it.

Are there any other modules that need to be addressed separately if kcontrol
is dropped?

> It is a lot more then just a a simple frontend to a
> settings file, it could let you download, install, configure, create,
> modify and share themes.  The theme manager just sticks out like a
> sore thumb and doesn't fit with the rest of the dialog which are for
> the most part little more then front ends to config dialogs.

Yes, that mostly makes sense to me. I still wonder why we can't have this
improved theme manager within system settings (instead of the other separate
modules), but my area of expertise is accessibility, not usability, so I'll
let Ellen comment on it.

Olaf