replacing kcontrol with system settings

James Spencer jamessp at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 00:38:46 BST 2007

Hi,

I'm officially nobody. Well, OK, I'm a long time KDE user. I know it's not
terribly appropriate for me to mail kde core devel since I'm not a core
developer, but the Kcontrol discussion is interesting. FWIW, I like the new
settings:/ thingy, and I like the Idea of a Mac'esq' drawer, but how about
two meta categories in the interface, 'most frequently used', and 'most
recently used'. This would be not unlike the either / or option presented on
the KPanel of the KDE 3 era. I would have loved that in the vintage Kcontrol,
as it would have saved me getting flagged over by my girlfriend to change the
same setting to suit her whims... As cliche as that example is...

_James

(Or maybe instead a Mac'esq' drawer, wasn't there some big hubba-ba-boo about
being able to meta colour tag files, maybe you could extend that metaphor,
and give it a meta-settings-groups... Anyway.)