Properly use #include <> and #include ""

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 14 23:11:17 BST 2007

Hi,

recently I changed the #include's of public headers in the kdevplatform
module to use <> instead of "" for all files. Now Matthias Kretz shed
some light on things and while I think I know now which is the "right"
way I'd like to get some final clarification from other long-time-lib-devs.

So kdevplatform has (as kdelibs) a couple of libraries, some of those
use headers from on of the others. For example there's interfaces, shell
and project.

If I understood correctly a public header in the shell library should
use #include "foobar.h" for any header that is also inside the shell
library. However it should use #include <barfoo.h> for any system-header
and also headers from other libraries of the kdevplatform module. Is
that correct? If not, whats the correct way here?

Andreas

--
You plan things that you do not even attempt because of your extreme caution.