Fixed icons rendered in compile time ?

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Sat Jun 16 01:54:31 BST 2007

From: "Matias Valdenegro T." <mvaldenegro at informatica.utem.cl> Subject:
 > > Unfortunately just inkscape is ok as renderer, as it's the only one
 > > currently supporting SVG blur. For the rest, all the icons are
being made
 > > with it, but I think having kdelibs depending on it won't be ok.
 >And how hard is to implement SVG blur into Qt's SVG renderer?

I do not know how hard it is to implement blur. But it is something that
would benefit other areas of KDE as well. As an example the SVGs for all
kdegames are already rendered at runtime by Qt, and when we have blur we
could definately trim the size of the SVGs down, and make our games
prettier :) Currently we use multiple gradients and other tricks to
simulate blur, see kmahjongg tile shadows for example.
I assume it is something planned for a future version of Qt, maybe 4.4?

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini