Setting a kdelibs Freeze Date

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Jun 16 01:25:08 BST 2007

On Friday 15 June 2007, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> There was a discussion on Planet GNOME some time ago, on this exact topic.
> And it was not as clear for them, afair, so I consider it a good thing to
> have a public statement on this.

there are two issues here that are similar but not to be confused:

a) changing icons around during development of 4.0
b) changing icon names after 4.0 is released

(b) is, imho, a hard requirement as changing names may break random apps.
unless the icon is installed along with a given application (so, not the
icons in kdelibs) it shouldn't be renamed. if a new name is used, then a copy
should be provided with the new name.

but afaic we have until 4.0 to get the icons right.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se