Setting a kdelibs Freeze Date

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Fri Jun 15 23:06:43 BST 2007

On Friday, 15. June 2007, Allen Winter wrote:
> Does anyone need more time to get in absolutely must-have stuff??
> Keep in mind that we have akademy coming up too.
> Keep in mind that we should be shifting emphasis to the apps.
>
> Please respond if you are working on must-have changes to kdelibs
> *and* if you need the freeze extended.

Out of interest, are icon names (the perhaps most visible form of "breaking
functionality, but not the build") considered part of binary compatibility?

Oxygen, at the moment, does not yet fit all too perfectly into the schemes
given by the icon naming specification that it targets, and a number of icons
will hopefully be renamed at aKademy (I'll try), or maybe after that still.

Thanks for the clarification,
  Jakob