replacing kcontrol with system settings

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 23:12:53 BST 2007

+1

I support the proposal, I find it easier to locate settings of
interest in System Settings vs. KControl.  Plus, it looks better (and
has the potential for a little more 'candy).  Oh, and of course the
name is more obvious.

The bugs Boudewijn mentioned are presumably all fixable.

>  It's a simple carbon-copy of OS X
> preferences app -- without the only really useful bit of the origial, the
> feature where you can drag often used control panel icons onto a bar.

What in the System Settings dialog is used frequently enough that it
is useful to have on the panel?

Regarding it being a copy of the OS X application, we can always dress
it up a bit to give it a KDE spin.

Regards,
Robert.