make fromHSL public, add toHSL

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Jun 14 09:24:01 BST 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 09:25:33 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> > Last I heard the consensus was still that one color space for kdelibs
> > is enough. Lets not open a new thread in a new week to try again.
>
> So, you propose that KColorDialog on Windows simply re-implement and/or
> copy-and-paste the code from KHtml?  That sounds like a poor idea.
>
> Okay.  That's a strawman, but I'd like to see a counter-proposal rather
> than a just "don't do it that way".

Is "Use QColor" too obvious? ;)

It does support everything the color dialog needs. I wrote a color dialog
in another toolkit once, and you really don't need that much from the
existing color object. Just a proper conversion from HSV (or whatever you
are showing the user) to RGB and back.
And QColor has that.

So, yeah, its a bit of a strawman. Matthew was asking for something he
knows is not required but he has asked for a public API for colors soo
many times that it just doesn't seem very nice anymore to ask while there
is absolutely no need to have such a public API.  As he stated in the
rest of this thread as well.
--
Thomas Zander