make fromHSL public, add toHSL

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss03 at volumehost.net
Wed Jun 13 08:25:33 BST 2007

On Wednesday 13 June 2007 01:58:03 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 June 2007 01:11:25 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Currently there is HSL code in khtml. Windows uses HSL for the color
> > picker. How would people feel about making fromHSL/toHSL public so that
> > KColorDialog can also use them on Windows? (and... so that any other
> > interested parties can use them, presumably...)
>
> Last I heard the consensus was still that one color space for kdelibs is
> enough. Lets not open a new thread in a new week to try again.

So, you propose that KColorDialog on Windows simply re-implement and/or
copy-and-paste the code from KHtml?  That sounds like a poor idea.

Okay.  That's a strawman, but I'd like to see a counter-proposal rather than a
just "don't do it that way".

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss03 at volumehost.net                      ((_/)o o(\_))